VUSat - OSCAR52
- OSCAR Designation: VUSat OSCAR-52
- Oscar Number: VO-52
- Common Name: HAMSAT
- Satellite Type: Microsatellite
- Apogee: 646.00 - Perigee: 607.00
Tracking satellite footprint
The working modes are SSB and CW.
- Mode V Beacon (Dutch Beacon): Simplex: 145.8600 MHz CW
- Mode U/V (B) Linear Transponder (Inverting) (Dutch Transponder):
- Uplink: 435.2250 - 435.2750 MHz SSB/CW
- Downlink: 145.9250 - 145.8750 MHz SSB/CW
passing over Romania
For the moment is the best linear bird in the sky with strong signals and easy to work using low power and simple antennas. To know witch transporder is on listen for the beacon that is active. For example the dutch beacon is sending a cw message on 145.860 Mhz.
Working on linear mode is a little difficult like FM single channel mode but a trick is to keep the same frequency at RX and only change the emission frequency proportional to the Doppler effect. If is not used an automatic rottor the "Linear Transporder V.1.0" is a good line guide.